COERA BC and affiliates (as identified to you during your application process), (“COERA”, “we”, or “us”) is the company that is recruiting for the job vacancy you have applied for. COERA will process your personal information as described in this Privacy Statements and will be responsible for complying with applicable data protection laws.
COERA respects your privacy and will treat your personal information as confidential. We will use and share your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
When you apply for a job at COERA (via e-mail or smartrecruiters platform), we will ask you to provide us with personal information about yourself so we can evaluate your application. If this information is not provided, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. You may also provide us with your personal information that we have not specifically requested (for example, your CV may contain information about your hobbies and social preferences). All information is provided on a voluntarily basis and you determine the extent of information that you provide to COERA.
1. Name, identity, and contact details – such as your name, address, email address, telephone number,
other contact information and personal preferences
2. Employment details – such as details of your employment background, including position, work experience, employment references, salary, and other compensation requests
3. Background information – such as your education background including degrees, certificates, transcripts, credit history and/or criminal background screenings (where relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law)
4. Financial Information – such as salary, tax information, benefits, expenses, company allowance, stock, and equity grants
5. IT Information – such as certain technical information from you about your visit to our website using “cookies” and other similar technologies. For more information, please refer to COERA’s online privacy statement on our website.
6. Any other information in your application that you choose to share with us – such as personal preferences, hobbies, social preferences, etc.
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from your public sources or third parties. For example, we may conduct background screenings through a third-party service provider and verify information that you have in your application that relates to your past education, employment, credit and/or criminal history, as allowed by applicable law. You may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as job-related social media sites (for example, LinkedIn, Facebook). By authorizing COERA to have access to this information, you agree that COERA may collect, store, and use this information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
COERA will use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. Recruitment, selection, evaluation, and appointment of job candidates (temporary or permanent) for the job you have applied for and for
subsequent job opportunities.
2. General HR administration and management (in case you become a COERA employee)
3. Application analysis such as verification of your employment reference(s) that you have provided, background checks and related assessments.
4. Compliance with corporate governance and legal requirements (for example, to monitor diversity requirements)
5. Communicate with you and to inform you of current status of your application and future opportunities (unless you have told us that you don’t want us to keep your information for such purposes).
We take care to share your personal information only with those who really need it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties with a legitimate business need. We may disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties:
We may also share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us such as consultants, background services and attorneys. If your personal information is shared in this way, COERA do so only on a “need-to-know” basis and we will seek to ensure it is only used in connection with the functions or services these parties will be performing for COERA and that your personal information is treated by them in confidential manner. These service providers that COERA uses may change overtime, but we will always seek to ensure that any third parties who handle your personal information will do so in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law.
COERA may also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
1. As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including in order to respond to a lawful government request, court order,
administrative or judicial process (such as a subpoena or search warrant).
2. As necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
3. Where we have otherwise obtained your consent.
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“EEA”), our legal basis for our collecting and processing of your
personal information is as follows:
1. COERA’s legitimate interests, namely the recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of new employees and the management and administration of the recruitment and HR process, to the extent these activities do not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
2. Compliance with COERA’s legal obligations where employment law or other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example to the extent the law requires the monitoring equality of opportunity and diversity).
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with COERA’s retention policy and applicable law. If you want to learn more, please reach out to email@example.com
We maintain (and require our service providers) to maintain appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information we process. If you have any questions on the security measures that we use to secure your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are responsible for the information you provide to COERA and that it is honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. If you provide information concerning any other person such as individuals you provide as references, you are responsible for providing any notices and ensuring your referee consents to COERA collecting and processing that information as described in this Privacy Statement.
In the European Economic Area and some other countries, you may have certain rights available to you under applicable data protection laws
which may include the right to:
1. Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your personal data and obtain a copy of that personal data.
2. Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal information about you and for any incomplete information about you to be completed.
3. Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above)
4. Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information
5. Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing, including profiling if that decision produces legal effects about you or significantly affects you. COERA does not, as part of its recruitment process, make solely automated decisions about candidates.
6. Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted, provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another controller in certain circumstances.
We will only use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our website.
Last updated: 20 August 2021